Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Swotd 13: Rain

I realized as I was looking through the archives, that I seem to have skipped number 8. So, this title seems to be a lie. However, I'm not going to go back and fix all the previous entries, so unlucky 13 it is.

It's pouring rain outside, so after work I took shelter at the Andover Theological Library at Harvard Divinity School--the closest library to home, and the only one between the NW Lab building and my apartment. The building is gorgeous and gothic looking, although the library is somewhat disappointingly renovated and modern. I was hoping for something Hogwarts-y. Still, its very nice, nearly empty, and pleasantly reminds me of the Oxford Lane Public Library, where I spent many happy hours as a child. So, I have no complaints.

I've once again staked out a window seat so I can enjoy my third-favorite kind of weather (first: snow, second: thunderstorm, third: rain)


SOTD, again from notes:

Rings, perhaps referring to the methodological pluralism described earlier, apes Lewin's "Behind the Beyond" when he writes, 'Analytical representations can, however, function suggestively, acting as goads to specific acts of intentional hearing, or as a means of focusing and refining prereflective hearings. Such analyses can encourage us to direct our ears to the tonic in specific ways, via the mediation of specific theoretical categories.'

No comments:

Post a Comment